Having a productive morning routine can transform your life if you follow it constantly. I am very big on routines and every single night before bed, I plan out my schedule for the next day - it contains everything I have to do within a timeframe.
I try to put the most important tasks at the start of my day and although my morning routine changes every couple of months, here I am sharing what my current morning routine is. If you want to live a life others cannot live, have a routine that most others won't do and follow it for years.
- Wake up
- Drink a cup of water
- Change into workout clothing
- Prepare and drink black coffee
- Read my vision
- Read my monthly targets/goals
- Pack a book and walk to the gym (2 to 3 min walk away)
- Weights exercise (my current splits are: Push, Pull, Legs, Upper, Lower, Rest, Walk)
- Read a book while walking on the treadmill
- Walk back home
- Drink a protein shake
- Have a shower and get changed
- Breakfast and take supplements
- "Money & Self Time" starts, where I spend 1.5 to 2 hours on things that will make me more money, or study new things that will help me grow
- Currently, I spend this time on a personal project which will turn into an income source, crypto/NFT portfolio management and read/watch resources which will develop me as a better businessman
- Social media time starts
- I personally have over 10 social media accounts across Instagram and Tik Tok; currently, I am only focused on this @forkandtruffle Instagram but I do respond to messages/comments on my other channels
- I do this for anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the volume of messages/comments
- From 10:30 am, this is when I shift my focus to all my businesses and projects: from Caramel, Pocha, Pocha Chicken and more.
Since 2015, I worked at least 100 hours consistently every single week - 16 hours every weekday and 20 hours combined during the weekend. Although I am saying "work", it doesn't feel like work at all - I am just living my life doing things I love.
Until mid/late 2021, I used to sleep between 4 to 5 hours every day but for the past couple of months, I changed my daily timetable so I now stop "working" at 9:30 pm - usually going to bed between 10 pm to 10:30 pm on the weekdays.
The main reason I am sharing my morning routine and the above information is that you should be spending the morning working on what matters to you the most. During the day, you will have a job or a business to run and in the evening, you may have family commitments, etc. Although these can be controlled by self-discipline, use your time in the morning wisely.
You don't need 7 to 8 hours sleep - that is the biggest bullshit out there. Depending on your priorities, work out how much time you can give to yourself in the morning and start planning your morning routine. Wake up even an hour earlier to read, exercise or do whatever you want to work on the most. If you don't know where to start, start exercising in the morning because it will help develop a healthier mentality.
Founder & Editor | Say Seowon Song
I run Caramel, a hospitality strategy and creative agency, and teach business and life strategies to ambitious people. I am also heavily involved in other industries such as restaurants, cryptocurrency, NFT and design.